Now! Charity Group is an employment charity that was set up in Newhaven, East Sussex in 1994 and was designed to help the unemployed and people living in poverty to access furniture and household goods at prices that they could afford.
The Head Office is located in Lewes in East Sussex and operates throughout the county. Our name has recently changed from Furniture Now! to Now! Charity Group which incorporates Furniture Now! and Training Now! This name is a better reflection of what we do. We offer a lot of free training to help members of the community build confidence, skills and find a vocation that they are suited to and to get them back into the workplace. Read about our case study success stories with local people via Furniture Now! and Training Now!
We are a multi award winning unemployment charity in Eastbourne, Lewes and Hailsham. Recent awards include:
- Sustainable Business of the Year 2014 in Eastbourne Business Awards
- Finalist in Employer of the Year for Mid Sussex 2014
- Shortlisted for National Social Justice Award 2014
- Mentor of the Year 2014 Sussex Women in Business Awards
- Lifetime Achievement Award Venus Brighton and Sussex 2014 and National Finalist
- Winner of the Most Sustainable Business in Wealden in Sussex Business Awards 2014
- Highly Commended Business of the Year 2015 Eastbourne Achievers Awards
- Winner of Education, Motivation and Training Award for Lewes and Wealden Businesses 2015
- Social Enterprise of the Year 2015 at Lewes District Business Awards
- Training and Development Business of 2015 for all of South East- Johnston Press Business Awards
We are also proud to be a Disability Confident employer! This means we recruit and retain disabled people and people with health conditions for their skills and talent.
Our work is in close partnership with businesses, voluntary organisations, stakeholders and of course local people.
From relatively small beginnings, we now support over 30,000 people each year and make sure that an incredible 20,000 items find new homes.
Now! Charity Group’s core business is the collection of donated goods including furniture, household goods, electrical items and more to people who are living in poverty at minimum prices that just cover the charity’s running costs.
This is all alongside people that volunteer to help us, those seeking work experience, apprenticeships and jobs for people who share our values.
We do not make a profit from our unemployment charity work as we are a “not for profit” organization. This means our prices are kept very low and we can really help those people who need it particularly those on low incomes, those on benefits and the unemployed.
A warm welcome awaits you from our team if you would like to visit one of our stores which are situated in Eastbourne, Hailsham and Lewes in East Sussex. We offer a free collection of your furniture and electrical items. Please contact us to find out more about everything we do and how you could get involved as a volunteer.
Find out about our best household goods, free training courses, events and more!